Here’s a crazy stat: the vast majority of data and content ever produced has been created in the last few years.
Impressive to think about, right?
So it shouldn’t be too shocking to see that everyone is blogging right now.
Now that’s not to say all you have to do to see success is start a blog, wait a hot minute, and boom, you’re on the beach drinking out of a coconut.
There’s this part in the middle of that, that’s well, kind of important.
See the flip side of that stat I shared is that it means there is more content than ever. Which means for you to end up with that coconut in your hand, you’ve got to do two main things:
- Blog consistently for a long period of time
- Create content that is good and helps people
It seems easier than it sounds, which is why a lot of blogs don’t end up making it. It’s not always because the blogger isn’t good. A lot of people give up right before they see some results.
If you don’t have a blog setup yet, then before you go any further, check out this post:
So, how do you come up with lots of great content?
Ok, got that blog setup?
Great, no how do you come up with lots of great content?
There’s a good rule of thumb when it comes to blogging about anything. No matter if it’s your own brand or a niche site, you want to have 50 blog topics or ideas before you start.
Fifty posts will give you about a year of content, blogging once a week. If you want to blog more often, you’ll need more.
A lot of people skip this step.
I know I did when I first started.
Now, that doesn’t mean that these post topics are the be all, end all, or even that you have to use them. The key is to know you can write about a topic or niche at least 50 times. Because the fact of the matter is, you’re going to have to do a lot of writing about one thing.
Sure Sean is wonderful and charming (and no he’s not paying me to say that) but that could have only gotten him so far. It’s those 600+ posts that have turned this blog into a legit business that has helped other people.
100 Blog Post Ideas for the New (or Established Blogger)
So in this post, we’re cutting right to the point and making things easy. If you’re ready to come up with blog post ideas for your own site try using some of these.
Of course, tweak as you wish and come up with a few of your own. But first, get your 50.
Away we go…
Lessons and Mistakes
- X Lessons Learned About Y
- Tips to Improve [something]
- Reasons You Should Do [something]
- Common Mistakes to Avoid in Niche
- Common Mistakes to Avoid in Product
- Biggest Life Lessons
- X Lessons Learned from Experts
- Biggest Mistakes I’ve Made
- Top Life Lessons From Readers/Experts/Influencers
- Top Quotes About Mistakes
- X Favorite Tools
- Best Tools for X
- Top Free Tools for X
- Best Apps for X
- Tool of the Week/Month/Year
- App of the Week/Month/Year
- Tools to Improve X Workflow
- X Tools You Hate
- X Apps You Hate
- Tool/App Review
- Expert Round up
- X Tips from Experts
- X Books from Experts
- X Quotes from Experts
- How I Used Expert Advice to Do Y
- Expert Interview
- Ultimate Guide to Y
- X Ideas in Niche From the Experts
- Guides to Read to Become an Expert
- How to Become an Expert in Y
Reads and Books
- Favorite Books
- Favorite Reads from Around the Web
- End of Year Round Up
- Monthly Roundup
- Curated Content from X Sites
- Book Review
- Book Summaries
- X Books to Read for Y
- eBook Launch
- Best Articles to Learn Y
Customers and Readers
- Answering Frequently Asked Questions
- Featured Member
- Featured Reader
- Featured Customer
- Case Studies
- Video Q+A
- Customer Service Tips/Advice
- How to Get More Customers in Y Niche
- Reader’s Favorite Posts/Content/Tips
Teaching and Networking
- Step By Step How to Do Y
- Learn Y in X Steps
- X Free Courses/Guides on Y
- Learning Y for Dummies
- Video on How to Do Y
- Infographic on How to Do Y
- Best Conferences to Attend
- What I Learned at X Conference
- Ultimate Guided to Industry Conferences
- X Networking Tips
- Life Hacks
- Ways to Save Time
- Morning Routines
- Nightly Routines
- Daily Routines
- Productivity Tips
- Exercise Tips
- Day in the Life
- Week in the Life
- Favorite Quotes
- Top Travel Tips
- Favorite Travel Destinations
- Best Packing Tips
- Favorite Tools for Travel
- Favorite Apps for Travel
- X Tips on Traveling Cheaper
- X Hotspots to Do Y
- Travel Horror Stories
- Best Books/Movies on Travel
- X Hidden Secrets About Y Destination
- Top Social Media Accounts to Follow
- Favorite Instagram Accounts
- Favorite Facebook Accounts
- Favorite Snapchat Accounts
- Favorite Twitter Accounts
- Favorite YouTube Videos
- How to Set Up Social Media
- How to Get Followers on Social Media
- Top Brands/People in Niche Killing it on Social Media
- Social Media Case Study
- Bucket List
- Coolest Offices
- Coolest Experiences
- Favorite Hobbies
- Perfect Day
- Funny Story
- Embarrassing Story
- Biggest Life Lessons Learned
- Advice to Younger Self
- Favorite Podcasts
So here’s the challenge to you.
Read this post, and then set a timer for 30 minutes. Write down as many blog post ideas that you can on your niche or topic. You can download the workbook to keep them all in the one place.
It doesn’t matter if they are awesome or bad, brainstorm. Don’t let the blank page or the blinking cursor hold you up. Even steal of few of these to get started.
If you do this exercise even once a month, you’ll be surprised with how many ideas you can come up with over time.
Ready, set, go.
One More Thing…
Blogging isn’t just about having great ideas, and your first year of blogging in particular is really important. Here are the 5 most important things I did when starting out each of my blogs, if you do these during the first 365 days? You’ll be well on your way to long term success.