And you’re right…kind of.
Without people visiting your blog, you won’t have a business. Simple as that.
But there’s a BIG mistake most new bloggers make: they don’t know what to do with that traffic.
Sure, it’s a nice ego boost to see you have a few thousands people visit your site every month, or even every day.
But here’s a question: do you have any way to bring those people back?
If the answer is no, then you’ve got a big problem.
You see, too many new bloggers focus solely on building traffic, rather than building an audience.
For the most part, traffic doesn’t mean anything if you can’t convert those people to fans.
They won’t buy anything from you, they won’t support you, they won’t watch every new video or read every new blog post…
Generic traffic includes people that land on your site, get the answer they’re looking for (or not), and then go off again to the next Google Search to find the next answer to their problem.
I know a lot about this, because I’ve been in both camps.
I’ve built an audience here at Location Rebel.
I’ve built an audience at my golf site Breaking Eighty.
I’m building traffic at my cocktail site Slightly Pretentious.
“Wait, what? Didn’t you just say you needed to build an audience??”
Yep, I did.
But obviously before you can have an audience, you have to have traffic.
Before you can make someone a fan, you have to at least get them in front of you to stand a chance!
Building an Audience: How to Turn Ordinary Traffic into Raving Fans
So we’ve established that traffic just for traffic’s sake is bad.
Building an audience of loyal fans is good.
But how do you get from point A to point B?
In the video below I cover:
- Why an Email List is SO crucial for building an audience (and how to start)
- The specific type of content you have to have in order to get people to buy into you.
- Specifically what I’m doing to turn our growing traffic at Slightly Pretentious into an audience
- Why traffic can make you hundreds or thousands of dollars a year, but an audience can make you tens or hundreds of thousands a year.
Posts Related to Building an Audience
Looking for some further reading? We got you. Here’s a few posts to take a look at.
- How to Build a Killer List Building Offer – Getting people to sign up for your email list is one of the best things you can do to grow an audience, here’s how to get going
- My Bucket List – Watch the video to learn about how my bucket list is great for traffic and my ego, but not building an audience.
- How We Doubled our Traffic – Let’s get one thing straight traffic is a good thing. The more you have, the more opportunities you have to grow your audience.
Our 6-part course gives you a strategy to start right now. Put control of your life back in your hands. Sign up below and let’s do this together.
By entering your email address you agree to receive emails from Location Rebel. We'll respect your privacy and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Everything I’ve Learned About Email Marketing (And a Little Something Special)
Trying to figure out how to get into email marketing for your blog or website? Here's what you need to know to get started.
How to Make, Market, and Manage a Killer Online Course
Dave Schneider talks about how to make an online course including how to create it, manage it, and market it.
How to Create a Bundle Sale That Sells (And is a Win/Win/Win Scenario for Everyone)
Why It's Stupid to Charge a Monthly Fee for Your Online Community
How to Use the Pamphlet Principle to Increase Sales and Build Relationships
The Beginner’s Guide to Creating Lead Magnets that Work
We've got everything you need to learn how to create a lead magnet for your own site. Follow these simple tips to get started building yours today.