If you’d like to talk about an interview, post or other type of press please contact me here.
Over the last few years I’ve been fortunate enough to have done tons of interviews around the web, written guest posts for other sites, and have features done on me and my story.
I tried to highlight some of the best so that you can easily find more about me, lifestyle entrepreneurship and everything that goes along with that around the web.
I’ve left a lot of stuff out of this list, but these links are a sampling of some of the venues where I’ve been seen from day 1 all the way up to present day.
Could You Run a Marathon Without Training? The BBC did a report on how I ran a marathon without training.
Get Rich Slowly: Time Magazine’s Top 30 Blogs of 2011
- Budgeting for a Lifestyle Change. My first “big” guest post, was right after I left my job and sparked a bit of controversy in the comments.
- Living Like a Millionaire on Pennies a Day. A year later I wrote this post in conjunction with my launch of Location Rebel.
- What Would You do If Your Were Rich? My most recent post on GRS for the Hacking the High Life launch.
- Freelancing and Location Independence: The New Work Revolution. This article in Forbes mentions a bit about my relationship with Chris Guillebeau and how I got out of my job.
- The Three Major Phases of Career Change – Another profile about me for the Daily Muse section of Forbes.
- The Only Skill You Need to be Successful Online – Yep, that about sums it up.
6 Businesses You Can Run from a Tropical Island – It was after not getting a ink in this article, I learned to always reference your website in the body of an article. Look at all those comments! See this post for my follow up: Why America Hates Everything but the Status Quo.
The Siren Call of Starting Over. This was my biggest magazine feature ever, and it profiled how I quit my job and started my own business.
10 Questions to Ask Before Quitting Your Job to Start a Business – I was interviewed by Entrepreneur Magazine about what it takes to quit your job.
TEDx Carnegie Melon
The Future of the American Dream. I gave this talk in March of 2011, my first major speaking gig.
The Art of Non Conformity
The Art of Non Conformity. I was honored to have a chapter about my transition from 9 to 5 to entrepreneurship in NY Times Bestselling Author Chris Guillebeau’s book.
Less Stuff, More Adventure. A guest post I wrote during the early years.
How to Become a Relative Expert. This post on the Thesis Theme blog forms the basis for some of my ideas around solopreneurship.
Everything-Everywhere: Time Magazine’s top 30 blogs of 2010
A Beginners Guide to HDR Travel Photography – I wrote this around the launch of my HDR photography book in early 2011.
Thailand’s Most Dangerous Island. A guest post coinciding with my first product launch, Overcoming the Fear of Uncertainty.
The Costs of Accessing Your Money. Paypal alternative Dwolla did a write up on me and how I leveraged the tool to save money with my business.
Gorgeous Girls, Fast Boat, French Riviera. The very first guest post I ever wrote – this story definitely still has a soft spot in my heart
The Beauty of Spring Cleaning. Another guest post from the early days.
- 17 Reasons Why Living in Developing Areas Kicks the Crap Out of Living in the West. A fun post I tag-teamed with Dan Andrews back when I was living in Bangkok.
- 7 Ways to Start Living the Life You Really Want. Another guest post for the Location Rebel launch.
Man Vs. Debt
7 Ways to Live Like a Millionaire (Without Going into Debt). Written for the Hacking the High Life launch in the summer of 2012.
How to Live the Luxury Lifestyle for Less. Written in the summer of 2012 about some of my principles behind Hacking the High Life.
Why a Lifestyle Business Could Fit You Better than a Startup. Getting the word out about the benefits of being a lifestyle entrepreneur!
- Why You Should Be Going to Conferences. Written after my first trip to SXSW in early 2011.
- Make Bank Painting Houses. An homage to my first “real” business I had while in college.
Intro for Trip Films Readers. A short video Andrew Todd and I put together from Breckenridge, Colorado.
Lifestyle Business Podcast
- A Fail-Proof Method for Success. One my first stints on the LBP with Dan and Ian.
- Intro to Tropical Talk Radio. Guest starring on the very first episode of Dan’s other podcast “Tropical Talk”. Shot an hour before I hopped on a flight to leave Bali.
How Sean Ogle Quit His Job and Became a Location Independent Rockstar. An interview Cody did with me on my last day living in Bangkok.
How to Become Location Independent. A fun interview I did with Natalie Sisson.
What is a Lifestyle Entrepreneur? An interview I shot while in Manila in 2010 with Australian entrepreneur Tyrone Shum.
Hack the System
How Sean Ogle Quit his Job, Traveled the World, and Became a Location Rebel. A fun interview with my buddy Maneesh Sethi that we shot while he was in Portland in December 2011.
Jet Set Life
Sean Ogle is the Master of Living Around the World. An interview I did a couple years back with Rob of Jet Set Life.
How Many Stories Have You Got? A short recount of my time in Bangkok during the Red Shirt protests.
The Elevator Life
This blog is from my business partners for some non-web related projects, Nick and Tim.
- The Canton Fair. This was a video Nick and Tim shot when we spent a couple days at the Canton Fair in Guangzhou, China.
- Opportunities and Networking in China. Another video we shot while I was in Guangzhou.
- Impressions of China. My first impressions of the PRC.